Search our Jobs
Technical Consultant - Music Technology
- CB24 4AE, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Technical Consultant – Music Technology
We have an extremely exciting opportunity within the music technology industry based in Cambridge for a Technical Consultant to join a market leading company. The role of the Technical Consultant will involve delivering class leading products and customer support.
This role will involve you acting as the front-line support for all our client’s customers (distributors, dealers and end users) experiencing ‘system’ issues. You will be responsible for liaising with all departments within the company to in order to investigate and solve customer problems, some of which may be more complex or long-standing problems that have been escalated by the service department.
You will help to ensure that new products as well as enhancements to current products are delivered in a manner that is consistent with their marketing specifications, are accompanied by complete documentation, and are fully tested from an end-user perspective.
Responsibilities / Skills required:
- Provide front line support locally and remotely
- Manage customer helpdesk system and input bugs/enhancement requests from Marketing and the field into bug tracking system.
- Perform use case testing and pre-release software acceptance testing.
- Assist in the management of the beta programme.
- Assist in the management of product development and internal support documentation.
- Manage online content to ensure technical specifications, knowledge base, FAQ, documentation, tutorials and training materials are up to date and available.
- Monitor our clients Community forum site, as well as other internet forum sites, in order to provide support and feedback as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of streaming audio technologies and best practices.
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-standard computer and networking technologies including typical operating systems (Windows, MacOS and Linux), TCP/IP networking, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and common consumer hardware.
- Prior experience with remote troubleshooting of complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client –
CV Screen is recruiting for a leading organisation who have a strong brand within their sector and offer great career prospects.
Who will suit the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for a Music Technology graduate who has some good industry experience within a technical audio role looking to take a step up into a consultants / specialist role.
Salary / Benefits:
Basic salary of up to £35,000 + Private healthcare
Cambridge, commutable from Peterborough, Bedford and Bury St Edmunds
Please send your CV to Mark Chaumeton of CV Screen in strict confidence, CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.
Based in Cambridge